SEEWOO UK HOME DELIVERY – TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
- PURCHASE CONTRACT
- Our Terms & Conditions apply to all users and orders placed on the SeeWoo UK online store, by placing an order you are accepting our Terms & Conditions. From time to time our Terms & Conditions are subjects to change. It is your responsibility to check the Terms & Conditions applicable at the time you place your online order.
- We will only sell goods to end users, you must be over 18 years of age to make a purchase from our online store.
- Once you have placed the products you wish to purchase into your shopping basket, check your order carefully and then checkout. SeeWoo UK Ltd will not be responsible for any items ordered in error.
- When you checkout, if it is your first purchase with SeeWoo UK (SeeWoo To You) you will be asked to enter your full name and address details and you will have the option to create an account or checkout as a guest user for the purpose of this order. If you are a returning customer you can login to your account. Please check that the contact information and delivery information you provide is correct. We are not responsible for any incorrect information given which may result in a delay of your delivery or failure to deliver your order.
- We are currently delivering to Central London postcode orders using our SeeWoo temperature controlled vehicles and drivers. For Greater London and Nationwide postcodes we are delivering using an external courier service. The delivery charge applied to your order will depend on the method of delivery being used and any Terms & Conditions of the carrier will apply. If your order is being delivered by an external courier you will be contacted directly by the courier company and it is your responsibility to check their up to date Terms & Conditions on their website.
- We are using Stripe payment processing platform which is a secure platform with sophisticated fraud protection. Once you have checked out your basket your payment will be pending until your order has been processed and completed. We will only charge you for the items that we have in stock. We will not substitute any items that we do not have in stock.
- Once your checkout is complete you will be given an order reference number and an email notification will be sent to you to confirm your order. Once you have checked out you will not be able to amend your order.
- The order acknowledgement email does not constitute our acceptance of your order it is an acknowledgement of your order and confirmation that we have received your order. Subject to our cancellation rights in clause 6, our acceptance of your order and completion of the contract will take place when we despatch the goods to you.
- After order acknowledgement we shall process your order, at this stage you will receive an order confirmation email which will confirm that your order has been processed. This email will list the products which constitute your order and confirm of the amount charged to your payment card.
- Any order placed may be cancelled at no charge, provided that it is done before the cut-off time stated on the order confirmation email as set out in clause 6.1 of our cancellation terms below. Any orders that have not been cancelled by this cut-off time are binding and will be delivered by SeeWoo UK.
- You will receive an email notifying you of your delivery method, date and time slot, with your subsequent delivery being within 1-3 working days from the date of that notification. If your order is being delivered by an external courier they will contact you directly to confirm your delivery details.
- It is an offense to purchase or attempt to purchase alcohol if you are under the age of 18. Any alcohol ordered by you must be done so during normal licensing hours, the same applies to the delivery of alcohol. It is your responsibility to ensure that a suitable person (18 years or over) is available to accept delivery of your order if you cannot be home at the time of your delivery. We may ask for proof of age and we reserve the right to retain the products if proof of age or an alternative adult is not available to accept the delivery.
- PRICES & PRODUCT
- With the exception of goods referred to in clause 2.2, but including products from our butcher or fresh fruit and vegetable section that are sold as an individual item and packaged by us, the price of products will be as quoted on our website at the time that you confirm your order and checkout.
- Where products are sold individually by weights (such as some fresh meat, poultry, fish, fruit and vegetable items), the price of these items (shown as price per kilogram or other appropriate unit of measurement) will be the price on the date that they are weighed by our butcher, fishmonger or grocer. The information displayed on our online shop / website is an indicative price per kg / product weight to help you plan your shopping, however the price you will be charged is the price prevailing on the date of weighing for the actual weight you receive.
- Goods from our fishmonger and butcher are individually packed by us (not our suppliers) and are either sold and priced by item or individually by weight.
- The prices quoted on our website are inclusive of any VAT payable and include the cost of any packaging materials used for your order delivery.
- The prices quoted on our website exclude delivery charges. Delivery charges applied to your order are dependent upon various factors such as (a) the value of your order (b) the weight of your order and (c) your delivery location and (d) your delivery method.
- There is a minimum order requirement of £45 for every order placed. This does not include the delivery charge.
- The product information provided on our website is true and accurate to the best of our knowledge. We rely on the information provided to us by the suppliers and manufacturers of the products we are selling, we cannot accept responsibility for any inaccuracy in product information.
- The photographs of products on our website are not to scale and are provided for reference only.
- We accept payment by debit or credit card, we cannot accept cash or cheque payments for online orders.
- The online payment platform we use will reserve the estimated amount of your order at the time of checkout. The amount is not processed until we ‘debit’ your card with the full price of your order which only will happen after we have collated and bagged your order.
- You will only be charged for items that we have in stock and therefore the amount that we ‘debit’ from your card may be different to the amount ‘reserved’ at checkout. This will occur if some of the products you have ordered are unavailable at the time you checkout your order.
- Authorisation for payment will be requested from your card issuer. In the event that your payment method is declined we will contact you on the contact details you have provided to obtain another method of payment. If we are unable to process payment for your order your order will not be dispatched.
- Once we have delivered your order the ownership of the products delivered passes to you, and with this the responsibility for any loss, deterioration or damage to goods that might occur after delivery.
- Order received before 12pm will usually be delivered within 1-2 working days. Orders received after 12pm will usually be delivered within 1-3 working days.
- We will make every effort to deliver your order within 3 working days from checkout of your order however circumstances beyond our control may affect our ability to deliver to you within this timeframe. If for any reason we are unable to deliver your order within this timeframe we will contact you on the telephone number or email address provided to notify you.
- Please note that on rare occasions adverse weather conditions or other events out of our control could result in late or cancelled delivery. In this event we will contact you to reschedule your delivery date and time. In the event that a delivery is late or cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, our liability to you will be limited to the price of products not delivered and the delivery charge.
- We reserve the right to restrict deliveries in certain areas.
- All products featured on our website are subject to availability and prevailing market conditions. We reserve the right to limit the quantity of goods ordered to ensure reasonable availability for all customers, however we will always endeavour to supply you with the quantity ordered.
- In the event that the order delivered to you is incomplete or contains some incorrect products, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately. Please email us on email@example.com.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery information you provided is accurate, we will not be responsible for any incorrect address information which results in a) a delay to your delivery or b) failure of your delivery. You must be contactable on the telephone number you have provided on the day of your delivery.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that an appropriate person is available at the delivery address at all times during your delivery time slot. Due to COVID-19 all deliveries are being delivered with photographic evidence of delivery. If no-one is at the delivery address when we attempt to deliver your order, we will attempt to contact you on the telephone number provided. Failed delivery will result in your order being returned to our depot at SeeWoo UK Ltd, Unit 8, Premier Park Road, London NW10 7NZ. We will hold your goods for 24 hours after your delivery slot for your collection. We will not re-arrange delivery if you fail to collect your order within the 24 hours after the failed delivery date / timeslot.
- In the event that someone is not present for your delivery we are entitled to only refund you for any non-perishable items. The price of any fresh, frozen and chilled items together with any delivery charges will be deducted from any refund we give you.
- Your order will be deemed delivered if it is delivered to the specified delivery address (or a security area) and we have a photograph of the order being delivered. If your goods are being delivered by a courier their delivery Terms & Conditions as specified on their website at the time of your order will apply.
- SeeWoo UK will only deliver your order if an appropriate person (aged over 18) is available to receive your delivery. If an appropriate person is not available to receive your delivery, we will contact you at the time on the telephone number provided by you. Our drivers are unable to wait and if no-one is available to receive the delivery of appropriate age, the delivery will not be fulfilled.
If our driver is instructed by you to leave your delivery unattended at your address SeeWoo UK expressly disclaims all liability which may arise by virtue of the delivery being left unattended for a period of time. This includes but is not limited to tampering, theft, contamination and the deterioration of any frozen or chilled products.
- DEFECTIVE GOODS
- You should carefully inspect the products at the time of delivery and notify us immediately of any product defects by email on firstname.lastname@example.org providing full details of the affected product(s) and photographic evidence, your full name, address and order number. Once we have received the full information requested we will process your refund.
- Your consumer rights under statute are not affected by our returns process.
- CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
- In the event that you want to cancel your order before it has been dispatched for delivery, the deadline for doing this is within 6 hours of the time you receive your Order Confirmation email.
- After your order has been delivered, we can only accept the return of non-perishable items. Fresh, frozen and chilled items may not be returned for food safety reasons. For non-perishable items you may cancel your order up to the 14th working day after the date of delivery of your order by notifying us in writing to our email address email@example.com. Your email must clearly state your name, address, telephone number and order reference number and must specify the items you wish to cancel.
- All goods must be returned in all their their original packaging and must be unopened and unused. In the event that any of the product seals are broken or the packaging is damaged we will not permit the return of that item and we will be unable to refund the cost of this item to you.
- For perishable products (all fresh, chilled and frozen products) you do not have the right to cancel the contract. We cannot refund any perishable items purchased once your order has been processed.
- In the event that your order is delivered by an external courier company, the Terms & Conditions of the external courier company will apply in relation to any product returns.
- In the event that your order is delivered by SeeWoo UK, it is your responsibility to return any cancelled products and to bear the cost of whatever method used to return them.
- We will refund the payment card you used for checkout (debit or credit card) within 30 days from the date you returned the products to us. Any cancellation costs which you are responsible for will be deducted before the refund is processed.
- CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS
- Any customer complaints should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should provide detailed information, including photographic evidence where applicable.
- ACCOUNTS SUSPENSION / CANCELLATION OF DELIVERIES
- SeeWoo UK reserves the right to cancel your order / delivery at any time if we suspect fraud or if there is any payment outstanding on any account registered at your address. Our right to cancel applies in the event that you are in breach of these Terms & Conditions or any other terms and conditions relating to your order. If we cancel your order you will be sent an email notification inviting you to call our customer services team.
- We reserve the right to suspend your account if you are in breach of our Terms & Conditions. Once any breaches have been remedied our customer services team will reactivate your account.
- If we suffer an unforeseen technical or operational issue, we may have to rearrange our delivery date and timeslot. If this happens we will contact you by email and on the telephone number provided to rearrange your delivery.
- WARRANTY AND LIABILITY
- We will not be deemed in breach of contract or of these Terms & Conditions as a result of any delay in our performance or failure to perform our obligations if that delay or failure to perform is due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, fire, flood and other acts of God, accident, riot, strikes, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war, breakdown of equipment, road traffic problems.
- Our maximum liability arising out of any order for the supply of products to you under this contract is limited to the retail price of the products contained within your order.
- If any of these Terms & Conditions is held by any court of competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms & Conditions which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- All trademarks, copyright and all intellectual property rights in all material or content featured on this website shall remain at all times vested in SeeWoo UK Ltd. You are not permitted to copy, publish, reproduce, display transmit, distribute or use for any commercial purpose any trademarks, copy, photographs or other content on the SeeWoo UK website without obtaining our prior consent in writing.
- These Terms & Conditions are governed by the law in England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in England and Wales in relation to any dispute which may arise between them.
SEEWOO UK STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE (EXCLUDES HOME DELIVERY)
In this Contract:
1.1 the following terms shall have the following meanings unless the context otherwise requires:
“Breach of Duty”
has the meaning given to it in Clause 6.7.1;
any day other than (i) a Saturday, (ii) a Sunday or (iii) a day when the clearing banks are not physically open for business in the City of London;
these Terms and Conditions together with the relevant terms agreed between the Parties in relation to a particular Order as recorded in the Delivery
Note, and incorporating the terms within the Customer Credit Account Form;
the customer of SeeWoo UK whose details may be more particularly set out in the Delivery Note; “Customer Credit Account Form” the written form agreed between the Customer and SeeWoo UK following the approval by SeeWoo UK of the Customer’s request for credit terms;
the written document or written communication which SeeWoo UK despatches to the Customer (upon delivery or collection of an Order), which contains details of the number and quantity and type of Products that SeeWoo UK is supplying to the Customer and the fee payable by the Customer;
“Event of Force Majeure”
has the meaning given to it in Clause 9.1;
the fee payable by the Customer to SeeWoo UK for the supply by SeeWoo UK of the Products being the fee agreed in writing between the Parties at the time of the Order or, if not agreed between the Parties, this shall be the fee listed in SeeWoo UK’s price list current at the date of the Order (as may be recorded in the relevant Delivery Note);
has the meaning given to it in Clause 6.7.2;
an individual request (in any form) by the Customer to SeeWoo UK for the purchase/ provision of Products, which may be in accordance with the terms of a Customer Credit Account Form;
either SeeWoo UK or the Customer;
has the meaning given to it in Clause 4.1;
any of SeeWoo UK’s products provided or to be provided by SeeWoo UK to the Customer pursuant to this Contract (including any associated packaging), as more particularly described in the Delivery Note;
SeeWoo UK Limited, a company registered in England under number 10812273 whose registered office is at Tavistock House South, Tavistock Square, London WC1H 9LG.
any tax introduced pursuant to a direction of the Council of the European Community relating to turnover taxes including value added tax as provided for in the Value Added Tax Act 1994 and supplemental legislation (whether delegated or otherwise), any tax of a similar nature which any be substituted for or levied in addition to it and any sales tax; and
has the meaning given to it in Clause 5.1.1; 1.2 references to “Clauses” are to clauses of these Terms and
1.3 the headings to Clauses are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation or construction of this Contract;
1.4 words imparting the singular shall include the plural and vice versa;
1.5 words imparting a gender shall include the other gender and the neutral and references to persons shall include an individual,
company, corporation, firm or partnership;
1.6 references to “includes” or “including” or like words or expressions shall mean without limitation;
1.7 references to any statute or statutory provision shall include any subordinate legislation made under it, any provision which it has modified or re-enacted (whether with or without modification) and any provision which subsequently supersedes it or re-enacts it (whether with or without modification); and
1.8 references to “written” or in “writing” (except in respect of sending a notice in accordance with Clause 10) includes in electronic form.
2.1 The terms of this Contract apply to the exclusion of any terms and
conditions submitted, proposed or stipulated by the Customer.
These Terms and Conditions apply to SeeWoo UK’s supply of all
Products. The giving by the Customer of any Order for Products
shall constitute unqualified acceptance by the Customer of these
Terms and Conditions.
2.2 Save as expressly provided herein, this Contract (together with any
documents referred to in it) shall operate to the entire exclusion of
any other agreement, understanding or arrangement of any kind
between the Parties hereto preceding the date of this Contract and
in any way relating to the subject matter of this Contract and to the
exclusion of any representations not expressly stated herein save
for any fraudulent misrepresentations or any misrepresentation as
to a fundamental matter. Each Party acknowledges that it has not
entered into this Contract based on any representation that is not
expressly incorporated into this Contract.
2.3 This Contract (together with any documents referred to in it)
constitutes the whole agreement and understanding of the Parties
as to the subject matter hereof and there are no provisions, terms,
conditions or obligations, whether oral or written, express or
implied, other than those contained or referred to herein.
2.4 Subject to Clause 2.2, all materials and other particulars furnished
by SeeWoo UK or in SeeWoo UK’s sales or marketing materials or other
documents (including its catalogues, trade literature, brochures,
quotations, price lists or website) or made orally by SeeWoo UK are
given for general information purposes only and the Customer
acknowledges that it is not entering into this Contract in reliance
upon any such materials or other particular; the Products may also
look different (and the colours may be of different shades) to their
representation in any such materials or particulars.
2.5 Except as expressly provided otherwise in this Contract, no change
to this Contract shall be binding unless expressly agreed between
SeeWoo UK and the Customer.
2.6 In the event of any conflict between the provisions of these Terms
and Conditions and the terms of any Customer Credit Account
Form, then the terms of the Customer Credit Account Form prevails
over these Terms and Conditions.
2.7 If the Customer provides SeeWoo UK with a written order, purchase
order, confirmation of order, specification or other document for
the Products, such document shall be purely for the Customer’s
administrative purposes only and shall not form part of this
2.8 Subject to Clause 5.3, this Contract shall be legally formed and the
Parties shall be legally bound when the Customer places an Order.
2.9 Each Order constitutes a separate contract. There may be more
than one contract between the Parties in force at the same time as
2.10 No Contract shall be a sale by sample.
- DELIVERY AND RISK
3.1 In consideration for the payment of the Fee by the Customer,
SeeWoo UK shall supply the Products referred to in the Delivery Note
to the Customer.
3.2 SeeWoo UK shall use its reasonable endeavours to perform its
obligations within any timescales set out in this Contract (and
SeeWoo UK usually aims to deliver within 7 days of receipt of an
Order), but time for performance shall not be of the essence and
SeeWoo UK shall not be liable for any delays or failure to accurately
perform its obligations:
3.2.1 if it has used those endeavours; or
3.2.2 if caused by any failure or delay on the part of the Customer
or the Customer’s agents, staff, officers, employees and
contractors or customers or by any breach by the Customer
of this Contract or any other contract between the Parties.
3.3 Partial delivery or performance, and delivery by instalments, shall
3.4 Delay, default or non-delivery of any instalment by SeeWoo UK shall
not entitle the Customer to cancel or terminate, and shall not
affect, the remainder of this Contract.
3.5 Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing between the Parties,
this Contract is for delivery of the Products:
3.5.1 to the Customer’s address if SeeWoo UK agrees to deliver
3.5.2 ex works (Incoterms 2000) at the place stipulated as such in
the Delivery Note (or if no place stipulated, then SeeWoo UK’s
normal location for dispatch of the Products) if the Customer
agrees to collect or arrange collection. If there is any
conflict between the provisions of Incoterms 2000 and this
Contract, this Contract shall prevail. Section 32 of the Sale
of Goods Act 1979 shall not apply to this Contract.
Notwithstanding the Products being delivered ex works,
SeeWoo UK may in its absolute discretion pay for the cost of
courier arranged by the Customer.
3.6 SeeWoo UK shall inform the Customer of the estimated date and
timing on which the Products will be ready for delivery or collection.
3.7 The Customer shall ensure that it is ready for safe receipt (or, as
the case may be, collection) of the Products without undue delay
and at the times reasonably specified by SeeWoo UK.
3.8 Where delivery:
3.8.1 is not within the boundaries of the M25; and/or
3.8.2 is requested for an Order of an aggregate amount of less
SeeWoo UK reserves the right to levy a charge for delivery at
SeeWoo UK’s standard rate applicable at the time of the Order.
3.9 It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that on delivery or
collection of the Products the Delivery Note is complete and
accurate and to point out to SeeWoo UK anything which is incomplete
or inaccurate within 48 hours of delivery or collection of the
3.10 SeeWoo UK reserves the right to require the Customer to check the
Products delivered or collected against the Products listed on the
Delivery Note at the time of delivery or collection to ensure there
are no discrepancies between the Products delivered or collected
and the Products listed on the Delivery Note.
3.11 The Customer shall be required to print their name and sign the Delivery
Note and may be required to sign other documentation upon delivery or collection
of the Products. The signing of any such documentation by the
Customer shall be evidence that the Products have been delivered
3.12 All risk in the Products shall pass to the Customer upon delivery or
collection, provided that where delivery or collection is delayed due
to breach by the Customer of its obligations under this Contract risk
shall pass at the date when delivery or collection would have
occurred but for that breach.
3.13 Products leaving SeeWoo UK premises must be transported and stored at the correct temperature at all times. Instructions for food safe transport and storage can be found on the product packaging. The responsibility for proper and safe storage of Products transfers to the customer on collection / receipt of goods. SeeWoo UK will accept no liability arising out of incorrect handling or storage of Products. For the avoidance of doubt the Customer is responsible for ensuring that all Products are stored and transported at the temperature specified on the Product packaging.
3.14 The Customer shall keep the Products fully insured on SeeWoo UK’s
behalf with a reputable insurance company to the reasonable
satisfaction of SeeWoo UK for their full price against all risks of loss or
damage from the time when the risk passes to the Customer until
property passes in accordance with Clause 4. On request, the
Customer shall produce the policy of insurance to SeeWoo UK. If the
Products are lost, damaged or destroyed, the Customer shall hold
the proceeds of insurance for and to the order of SeeWoo UK pending
Payment (as defined in Clause 4.1).
3.14 If delivery or collection of the Products is delayed or obstructed
through the Customer’s default or breach of this Contract or if the
Customer unreasonably declines or delays in accepting or taking
delivery or receipt of the Products, then (subject to the rest of this
Contract) SeeWoo UK shall not have any Liability to the Customer as a
result and SeeWoo UK may (without prejudice to any other right or
remedy available to it) do all or any of the following:
3.14.1 sell the Products on to a third party: SeeWoo UK reserves the right to cancel the order and retain the proceeds of any sale to a 3rd party;
3.14.2 charge a reasonable storage fee for the Products;
3.14.3 require the Customer to indemnify SeeWoo UK for any and all
losses, liabilities, claims, proceedings, judgments, damages,
demands, actions, costs, charges, expenses, penalties and
fines suffered or incurred by SeeWoo UK as a result of the
Customer declining or delaying; and
3.14.4 terminate this Contract.
3.15 Where delivery is not to the United Kingdom, the Customer shall be
responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations and
codes of practice governing the importation and use of the Products
into the country of destination and for payment of any duties or
4.1 Notwithstanding delivery or collection, title to and ownership of the
Products shall not pass to the Customer until SeeWoo UK has received
in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of:
4.1.1 the Products; and
4.1.2 all other sums which are or which become due to SeeWoo UK
from the Customer on any account;
4.2 Until Payment, the Customer shall:
4.2.1 hold the Products on a fiduciary basis as SeeWoo UK’s bailee;
4.2.2 store the Products (at no cost to SeeWoo UK) in good condition
and in such a way that they remain readily identifiable as
SeeWoo UK’s property; and
4.2.3 not destroy, deface or obscure any identifying mark or
packaging on or relating to the Products.
4.3 The Customer may resell the Products before Payment solely on the
condition that the Customer shall still be responsible for paying to
the full value of the Payment.
4.4 SeeWoo UK may at any time until title passes under this Clause 4
without notice recover possession of the Products which are the
property of SeeWoo UK. The Customer hereby grants to SeeWoo UK for
SeeWoo UK and its agents, staff, officers, employees and contractors
an irrevocable licence to enter for that purpose any premises then
occupied by or in the ownership or possession of the Customer.
The Customer shall indemnify SeeWoo UK against all claims, losses,
damages, liabilities, costs and expenses so arising.
4.5 SeeWoo UK shall be entitled to recover payment for the Products
notwithstanding that ownership of any of the Products has not
passed from SeeWoo UK.
4.6 On termination of this Contract, howsoever arising, SeeWoo UK’s rights
contained in this Clause 4 shall remain in effect.
5.1 Subject to the rest of this Contract, SeeWoo UK warrants that:
5.1.1 as at delivery the Products shall be free from material
defects in packaging (excluding wear and tear) and the food
and drink supplied shall be safe for most people (who do not
have intolerances or allergies) to consume before the “best before” or “use by”
date stipulated on the relevant Products (or its packaging or
labelling) (the “Warranty Period”) if the Products have
been stored or dealt with at all times in accordance with
good trade practice or in accordance with any oral or written
instructions, advice or recommendations provided by
SeeWoo UK; and
5.1.2 it shall deliver the Products to the Customer undamaged and
(subject to Clause 5.3) in the quantities specified in the
5.2 SeeWoo UK is not responsible for any services or products not
expressly stipulated in this Contract that SeeWoo UK will provide.
Except for any matter upon which SeeWoo UK specifically agrees in
writing with the Customer to advise or do, SeeWoo UK shall not have
any Liability for advising on, or failing to advise on, or doing, or
failing to do, anything else (including on any laws, rules,
regulations, bye-laws or codes of practice). It is the Customer’s
responsibility to ensure that the Products meet its requirements
5.3 In the event that SeeWoo UK is unable to supply any of the Products
included in an Order for whatever reason, SeeWoo UK shall include
details on the Delivery Note that such Product or Products are
unavailable. For the avoidance of doubt, SeeWoo UK shall not be under
any obligation to supply Products which are unavailable at any time
(whether at the time of the Order, delivery or collection of the
Order or at any time in the future or otherwise) nor shall it be
under an obligation to provide a substitute Product.
5.4 SeeWoo UK shall at its option replace or provide a refund for Products
that are lost or damaged in transit to the place of delivery.
SeeWoo UK shall not have any Liability for loss of or obvious damage
to Products in transit or on delivery under Clause 5.1.2 unless the
Customer informs SeeWoo UK within 48 hours, and in any event
notifies SeeWoo UK in writing within five Business Days:
5.4.1 after the expected date of delivery or receipt that it has not
received the Products; or
5.4.2 after receipt that the Products are damaged; and also
unless the Customer provides SeeWoo UK with SeeWoo UK’s Delivery Note
details and such other information and documentation as SeeWoo UK
reasonably requires at the same time as the notice.
5.5 Subject to Clause 5.7, SeeWoo UK shall at its option:
5.5.1 replace; or
5.5.2 provide a credit note in respect of a reasonable part of; or
5.5.3 repay an appropriate portion of the purchase price of;
the delivered Products which are not in conformance with the
warranty set out in Clause 5.1.
5.6 SeeWoo UK shall not have any Liability for providing Products to the
extent caused by SeeWoo UK’s compliance with and reliance on the
Customer’s instructions or requirements.
5.7 SeeWoo UK’s Liability for defective or damaged Products is subject to:
5.7.1 the Customer notifying SeeWoo UK of any claim promptly upon
discovery of the defect or damage and in any event before
the end of the Warranty Period, specifying with reasonable
detail the way in which it is alleged that the Products do not
conform to this Contract;
5.7.2 the Customer having provided SeeWoo UK with SeeWoo UK’s
Delivery Note details and such other information and
documentation as SeeWoo UK reasonably requires at the same
time as the notice in Clause 5.7.1;
5.7.3 the Customer showing to SeeWoo UK’s reasonable satisfaction
that the defect or damage is solely attributable to SeeWoo UK’s
(or SeeWoo UK’s suppliers’) fault and not wear or tear from
normal use, failure to store the Products correctly or the
combination, incompatibility, attachment, affixation,
incorporation or mixing of the Products with any other
goods, products, materials or substances;
5.7.4 the Products having not been misused or subjected to
neglect, improper or inadequate care, carelessness,
abnormal conditions, or involved in any accident, or dealt
with or stored contrary to good trade practice or any oral or
written instructions, advice or recommendation of SeeWoo UK;
5.7.5 the Customer allowing SeeWoo UK the opportunity to inspect
and remove the Products;
5.7.6 the Customer having paid for the Products in full; and
5.7.7 upon SeeWoo UK’s request (and unless SeeWoo UK agrees to
collect or inspect on site), the Customer returning the
defective or damaged Products carriage and insurance paid
at the Customer’s risk to SeeWoo UK’s premises or such other
location stipulated by SeeWoo UK and carefully packed to avoid
damage in transit (and Section 36 of the Sale of Goods Act
1979 shall not apply). Unless and until SeeWoo UK receives the
Products, the Customer shall hold the Products safely and
securely in good condition.
5.8 The warranty contained in this Clause 5 is specifically limited to the
Customer. No warranty is made to any other person, whether
subsequent buyer or user or customer, or to any bailee, licensee,
assignee, employee, agent or otherwise.
5.9 If the Customer makes an invalid claim under the warranty,
SeeWoo UK may charge the Customer for its fees and costs of
examining, storing, repairing and replacing the Products and
dealing with the claim and removing and delivering the Products.
5.10 Except where expressly provided for within this Contract, SeeWoo UK
excludes all conditions, warranties, terms and obligations, whether
express or implied by statute, common law or otherwise, to the
fullest extent permitted by law in respect of the Products.
5.11 The Customer shall not be permitted to return a Product or
Products except in accordance with this Clause 5.
6.1 This Clause 6 prevails over all other Clauses and sets forth the
entire Liability of SeeWoo UK, and the sole and exclusive remedies of
the Customer, in respect of:
6.1.1 performance, non-performance, purported performance,
delay in performance or mis-performance of this Contract or
of any goods or services in connection with this Contract; or
6.1.2 otherwise in relation to this Contract or entering into this
6.2 SeeWoo UK does not exclude or limit its Liability for:
6.2.1 its fraud; or
6.2.2 death or personal injury caused by its Breach of Duty; or
6.2.3 any breach of the obligations implied by Section 12 Sale of
Goods Act 1979 or Section 2 Supply of Goods and Services
Act 1982; or
6.2.4 supply of a defective Product in accordance with Part I of the
Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
6.2.5 any other Liability which cannot be excluded or limited by
6.3 Subject to Clause 6.2, SeeWoo UK does not accept and hereby
excludes any Liability for Breach of Duty other than any Liability
arising pursuant to the terms of this Contract.
6.4 Subject to Clause 6.2, SeeWoo UK shall not have any Liability in
respect of any:
6.4.1 indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs or
6.4.2 loss of actual or anticipated profits;
6.4.3 loss of contracts;
6.4.4 loss of use of money;
6.4.5 loss of anticipated savings;
6.4.6 loss of revenue;
6.4.7 loss of goodwill;
6.4.8 loss of reputation;
6.4.9 loss of business;
6.4.10 loss of operation time;
6.4.11 loss of opportunity; or
6.4.12 loss of, damage to or corruption of, data;
whether or not such losses were reasonably foreseeable or SeeWoo UK
or its agents or contractors had been advised of the possibility of
the Customer incurring such losses. For the avoidance of doubt,
Clauses 6.4.2 to 6.4.12 apply whether such losses are direct,
indirect, consequential or otherwise.
6.5 Subject to Clause 6.2 and the exclusions and limits set out in the
rest of this Contract, the total aggregate Liability of SeeWoo UK shall
be limited to the greater of: (a) £1,000; or (b) 110% of the total
sums paid and 110% of the total other sums payable (in
aggregate) by the Customer to SeeWoo UK under this Contract.
6.6 The limitation of Liability under Clause 6.5 has effect in relation
both to any Liability expressly provided for under this Contract and
to any Liability arising by reason of the invalidity or unenforceability
of any term of this Contract.
6.7 In this Clause 6:
6.7.1 “Breach of Duty” means the breach of any (i) obligation
arising from the express or implied terms of a contract to
take reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill in the
performance of the contract or (ii) common law duty to take
reasonable care or exercise reasonable skill (but not any
stricter duty); and
6.7.2 “Liability” means liability in or for breach of contract,
Breach of Duty, misrepresentation, restitution or any other
cause of action whatsoever relating to or arising under or in
connection with this Contract, including liability expressly
provided for under this Contract or arising by reason of the
invalidity or unenforceability of any term of this Contract
(and for the purposes of this definition, all references to
“this Contract” shall be deemed to include any collateral
7.1 In consideration for obtaining the Products provided by SeeWoo UK
pursuant to this Contract, the Customer shall pay to SeeWoo UK the
Fee and other sums due under this Contract.
7.2 Unless otherwise agreed (in accordance with a Customer Credit
Account Form or otherwise), the Customer shall pay to SeeWoo UK the
Fee and other sums due under this Contract in advance of or on
delivery or collection of the Products, and delivery or collection of
the Products shall be conditional on SeeWoo UK first receiving the Fee
and any other sums due under this Contract in cleared funds in full
from the Customer.
7.3 All Fees and sums due under this Contract are exclusive of any VAT
or other duties or taxes (if applicable) which shall be payable in
addition at the same time as payment of the Fees and other sums
7.4 The Customer shall pay SeeWoo UK by any payment method
reasonably stipulated by SeeWoo UK.
7.5 Unless otherwise stipulated by SeeWoo UK in the Delivery Note or
agreed in writing between the Parties, payment shall be in pounds
sterling or such other currency as is in force in England from time
7.6 Time for payment shall be of the essence.
7.7 Payment shall be deemed made when SeeWoo UK has received cleared
funds in full.
7.8 Payment of all sums due to SeeWoo UK under this Contract shall be
made by the Customer in full without any set-off, deduction or
7.9 If the Customer is late in paying any part of any monies due to
SeeWoo UK under this Contract or any other contract between the
Parties, SeeWoo UK may (without prejudice to any other right or
remedy available to it whether under this Contract or by any
statute, regulation or bye-law) do any or all of the following:
7.9.1 charge interest on the amount due but unpaid at the annual
rate of interest set under Section 6 of the Late Payment of
Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 from time to time
from the due date until payment (after as well as before
judgment), such interest to run from day to day and to be
compounded monthly; and
7.9.2 sell or otherwise dispose of any Products which are the
subject of any Delivery Note, whether or not appropriated
thereto, and apply the proceeds of sale to the overdue
7.9.3 suspend the performance of this Contract and any other
contract between SeeWoo UK and the Customer until payment
in full has been made.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
8.1 This Contract shall commence when the Customer places an Order
and, unless terminated earlier by either Party exercising any right
of termination as set out in this Contract, shall continue in force
until the later of:
8.1.1 the Customer having paid for the Fees in full; and
8.1.2 SeeWoo UK having despatched all the Products.
8.2 Either Party may terminate this Contract immediately by notice in
writing to the other Party if:
8.2.1 the other Party is in persistent breach of any of its
obligations under this Contract or any other contract
between the Parties; or
8.2.2 the other Party is in material breach of any of its obligations
under this Contract or any other contract between the
Parties which is incapable of remedy; or
8.2.3 the other Party fails to remedy, where capable of remedy,
any material breach of any of its obligations under this
Contract or any other contract between the Parties after
having been required in writing to remedy such breach
within a period of no less than 30 days; or
8.2.4 the other gives notice to any of its creditors that it has
suspended or is about to suspend payment or if it shall be
unable to pay its debts within the meaning of Section 123 of
the Insolvency Act 1986, or an order is made or a resolution
is passed for the winding-up of the other Party or an
administration order is made or an administrator is
appointed to manage the affairs, business and property of
the other Party or a receiver and/or manager or
administrative receiver is appointed in respect of all or any
of the other Party’s assets or undertaking or circumstances
arise which entitle the court or a creditor to appoint a
receiver and/or manager or administrative receiver or
administrator which entitle the court to make a winding-up
or bankruptcy order or the other Party takes or suffers any
similar or analogous action in consequence of debt.
8.3 In any event, SeeWoo UK may terminate this Contract if the Customer
does not pay the Fee in accordance with Clause 7.2.
8.4 Termination of this Contract shall be without prejudice to any
accrued rights or remedies of either Party.
8.5 Termination of this Contract will not affect the coming into force or
continuance in force of any provision which is expressly or by
implication intended to come into or continue in force on or after
8.6 Upon termination of this Contract for any reason:
8.6.1 SeeWoo UK shall cease to perform this Contract; and
8.6.2 all outstanding Fees and any other sums shall become
immediately payable, whether invoiced or not.
- FORCE MAJEURE
9.1 Save for obligations in respect of payment of the Fees, neither
Party shall have any Liability for any breach, hindrance or delay in
the performance of this Contract attributable to any cause beyond
its reasonable control including without limitation any event beyond
the reasonable control of either party including without limitation
Acts of God, actions or demands or requirements of third parties
(including without limitation hackers, suppliers, governments or
supra-national authorities), insurrection, riot, civil commotion, war,
hostilities, warlike operations, enemy action, national emergencies,
act of terrorism, piracy, arrests, restraints or detainments of any
competent authority, strikes or combinations or lock-out of
workmen, epidemic, fire, explosion, storm, flood, drought,
earthquake, natural disaster, natural catastrophe, accident,
mechanical breakdown, third party software, failure or problems
with public utility supplies (including without limitation electrical,
telecoms or general Internet failure), unavailability or shortage of
or inability to obtain Products, materials, equipment or
transportation (“Event of Force Majeure”), regardless of whether
the circumstances in question could have been foreseen.
9.2 The performance of each Party’s obligations shall be suspended
during the period that the circumstances persist and such Party
shall be granted an extension of time for performance equal to the
period of the delay.
9.3 Each Party shall bear its own costs incurred by the Event of Force
9.4 Should any performance of obligations be delayed under this
Clause 9, each Party shall nevertheless accept performance as and
when the other shall be able to perform.
9.5 If the Event of Force Majeure continues without a break for more
than two weeks, either Party may terminate this Contract
immediately by notice to the other, in which event neither Party
shall have any Liability to the other by reason of such termination.
9.6 If SeeWoo UK has contracted to provide identical or similar products to
more than one customer and is prevented from fully meeting its
obligations to the Customer by reason of an Event of Force
Majeure, SeeWoo UK may decide at its absolute discretion which
contracts it will perform and to what extent.
10.1 Any notice or other communication required or authorised to be
given under this Contract may be made verbally but must be confirmed in writing, except for the placing of an Order, and may be served by personal delivery or by recorded delivery letter (if to an address in the same country) or by overnight courier or by facsimile addressed to the relevant Party at its address stated in this Contract or at such other address or facsimile number as is notified by the relevant Party to the other for this purpose from time to time or at the address or facsimile number of the relevant Party last known to the other.
10.2 Any notice so given by post shall be deemed to have been served
two Business Days after the same shall have been despatched to
the overnight courier or Post Office and any notice so given by
facsimile shall be deemed to have been served upon receipt of an
answerback signal from the receiving machine, and in proving such
service it shall be sufficient to prove that the letter or facsimile was
properly addressed or numbered and, as the case may be,
despatched or an answerback signal received.
11.1 Subject to any assignee (in the case of an assignment) confirming
in writing to be bound by the provisions of this Contract, SeeWoo UK
may assign, transfer, novate or subcontract its rights, liabilities or
obligations under this Contract either in whole or in part to any
other person, firm or company. SeeWoo UK shall promptly give notice
to the Customer of any such assignment, transfer or novation.
11.2 The Customer shall not assign, transfer, novate, charge or subcontract
or purport to assign, transfer, novate, charge or subcontract
this Contract or any of its rights, liabilities or obligations
under this Contract without the prior written consent of SeeWoo UK.
12.1 No failure or delay by either Party in exercising any right under this
Contract shall operate as a waiver of such right or extend to or
affect any other or subsequent event or impair any rights or
remedies in respect of it or in any way modify or diminish that
Party’s rights under this Contract.
12.2 If any Clause or other provision in this Contract shall become or
shall be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be
invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall in
no way affect any other Clause or provision or part of any Clause or
provision, all of which shall remain in full force and effect.
12.3 Nothing in this Contract shall create or be deemed to create a
partnership, an agency or a relationship of employer and employee
between the Parties.
12.4 A person who is not a Party to this Contract has no rights under the
Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 in respect of any term
of this Contract.
12.5 This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance
with English law. The Customer hereby submits to the jurisdiction
of the English courts. The parties irrevocably agree that the
English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim or
matter brought by the Customer in relation to this Contract.
Nothing in this Clause 12.5 shall limit the right of SeeWoo UK to take
proceedings against the Customer in any other court of competent
jurisdiction. All dealings, correspondence and contacts between the
parties shall be made or conducted in the English language.
Version: 001. June 08
12.6 For our Privacy & Data Protection Policy please refer to our website.